Tooth Whitening with LED Blue Light
Mason, OH, Dentist Serving Greater Cincinnati & Dayton, Northern Kentucky, and Southeast Indiana
A brighter smile can boost your self-esteem and help offset the effect food and aging have on the appearance of your teeth. If you have unsightly stains on your teeth, Hardin Advanced Dentistry offers a number of tooth whitening services for patients in or around Cincinnati.
One of the tooth whitening treatments Dr. Tara Hardin and Dr. Gary Hardin use is the Zoom! Whitening system, the leading in-office treatment for bleaching teeth. In order to obtain the best results for your smile, Hardin Advanced Dentistry uses blue light LED (light emitting diode) technology.
Blue light is within the ultraviolet spectrum, similar to the light emitted by the sun. Studies show that blue light is an excellent activation agent for hydrogen peroxide, the cleaning agent in tooth whitening systems like Zoom!, giving your teeth a deeper clean in less time.
Here is how Zoom! Whitening with LED blue light works:
- Teeth are pre-conditioned with a prescription-strength fluoride toothpaste.
- Great care is taken to isolate your mouth so only the teeth are exposed.
- Bleaching gel containing hydrogen peroxide is applied to your teeth.
- The activation lamp emits blue light that triggers the gel; the lamp doesn't emit heat, meaning you won't be made uncomfortable by a hot light from the procedure.
- The tooth whitening gel enters your enamel and lifts the stains.
- Everything is rinsed and removed, and you get to take a look at your new, white smile.
Tooth whitening with Zoom! only takes about 45 minutes. In less than an hour, this cosmetic dentistry procedure can give your teeth a bright, healthy shine that can last for up to two years.
If you would like to learn more about tooth whitening services in Cincinnati, please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry today or call 513-234-5531 to schedule an appointment.