One of the most important aspects of any cosmetic dentistry procedure is ensuring the treatment meets the patient’s unique aesthetic goals for their smile. To facilitate the best possible workflow and communication, Cincinnati cosmetic dentist Dr. Tara Hardin is pleased to use the Digital Smile Design system.
Dr. Tara and our staff members Jessica, Gina, and Jill are the Digital Smile Design team at our office near the Greater Cincinnati area. Please call (513) 234-5531 today to learn about this advanced cosmetic dentistry program and how it can benefit you.
What Is Digital Smile Design?
Digital Smile Design is a comprehensive imaging and modeling protocol that improves dentist and patient communication in developing the treatment plan for a cosmetic dentistry procedure. Your feedback and aesthetic goals are important to us, and Digital Smile Design makes it possible for both elements to be an integral part of your treatment.
The Digital Smile Design process consists of the following steps:
- Step 1: Our team will take digital photos of your teeth and entire mouth from multiple angles
- Step 2: You and Dr. Tara will review the photos using special software that allows us to begin demonstrating potential changes
- Step 3: A simulation of your smile after treatment will be rendered in a “digital mock-up”
- Step 4: Our team takes impressions of your teeth and Dr. Tara translates the digital design onto the physical model
- Step 5: We will create a resin model to see how well the modeled treatments fit your teeth and your needs
If you’re happy with this final mock-up, our cosmetic dentists will perform any necessary treatments according to the roadmap you and Dr. Tara developed through the Digital Smile Design process.
How Can Digital Smile Design Benefit Me?
Patients who are unhappy with their smile don’t want to invest in treatment only to find that the procedure doesn’t result in the changes they expected. Digital Smile Design gives you the power to review all improvements before they are made, making you a key participant in pre-treatment planning.
Some of the advantages of Digital Smile Design for dentists and patients are:
- Highly detailed cosmetic diagnosis
- Direct communication between you, Dr. Tara, and our cosmetic dentistry team
- Impressions and digital images vividly show the impact of changes to your smile
- Extreme focus on identifying and meeting your needs
Ultimately, Digital Smile Design saves you time and money. The conversation between you and our Cincinnati cosmetic dentist make it possible for our team to provide you quality, timely treatment that meets your needs the first time.
To learn more about the benefits of Digital Smile Design, please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry through our website or by calling (513) 234-5531 today to schedule your consultation. Our cosmetic dentists serve patients in the Greater Cincinnati, Mason, and Dayton areas of Ohio, as well as Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana.