Cincinnati family dentist Dr. Tara Hardin has an extensive history of preventing and combating one of the most common dental maladies today: gum disease. While nearly three out of four Americans suffer some type of gum disease, including milder cases of gingivitis, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), report that nearly half of American adults suffer from periodontitis, an advanced form of the disease.
If your gums are red, swollen, or prone to bleeding, please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry today by completing the form on this page, or by calling (513) 234-5531 to schedule an appointment. We proudly serve patients from Cincinnati, Mason and Dayton, Ohio, as well as Southeast Indiana and Northern Kentucky.
Left untreated, gum disease destroys the bones, gums and tissues that support teeth, leading to tooth loss and potential future medical complications. Early detection and immediate treatment are essential to fighting further progression. Our experienced periodontal dentists offer a variety of methods to effectively fight gum disease, including laser gum treatment and a brand new system, called Oravital®.
What is Oravital®?
Oravital® antiseptic and antibiotic rinses are new gum disease and bad breath treatments that work safely and quickly, but are only available through Oravital®-certified dental clinics. To the benefit of our Cincinatti, Mason and Dayton, Ohio patients, Hardin Advanced Dentistry is one of the very few clinics in the U.S. to be Oravital®-certified.
How Does Oravital® work?
The Oravital® system is evidence-based, highly stable, and clinically proven through 18 years of successful application. The system involves 5 steps:
- Screening: During your consultation, our Oravital®-certified periodontal dentist will collect bacteria samples from your teeth, tongue and throat. Your samples will be sent to a laboratory for microbial analysis to identify harmful bacteria.
- Treatment: Once the presence of harmful microorganisms is confirmed, our Cincinnati family dentist will recommend the Oravital® antiseptic or antibiotic rinse that most effectively remedies your specific condition.
- Evaluation: A dental check-up is conducted following your initial treatment, to evaluate the progress of your gums and breath.
- Maintenance: Proper oral health is a lifelong commitment. Along with regular brushing, flossing and dental appointments, Oravital® maintenance rinse helps prevent future breath and gum problems.
- Revaluation: We recommend you schedule microbial testing with our Oravital®-certified dentists at least once a year to monitor the bacteria in your mouth.
Benefits of Oravital®
The Oravital® system works quickly. According to Oravital® clinical studies, within two weeks, the average patient experiences:
- 76% - 84% reduction in periodontal pockets (gaps resulting from gum retraction).
- 87% reduction in bleeding points.
- 79% reduction in breath odor.
If you suffer from symptoms of gum disease, please contact Cincinnati family dentist Dr. Tara Hardin today by completing the form on this page, or by calling (513) 234-5531 to schedule an appointment. Hardin Advanced Dentistry welcomes patients from Mason and Dayton, Ohio, as well as Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana.