Health Benefits of Dental Implants
Replacing a missing tooth is about more than just making your smile complete again. Dental implants are the most effective tooth replacement solution because they restore oral health in ways other forms of dental work can’t.
While dentures and other restorations simply replicate the look and positioning of one or more teeth, implants work in tandem with the body to enhance dental and overall health. Specific benefits include:
- Osseointegration of the implant with the jawbone secures the restoration like a tooth root
- Protection against bone resorption in the jaw
- Surrounding teeth won’t shift into the open space left by a missing tooth
- Teeth aren’t ground down to support a restoration
- Fully functional teeth chew foods thoroughly for maximum nutrition
- Restorations are easy to clean
The overall success rate of dental implants exceeds 95%, and most patients are able to benefit from this method of restoration. However, for best results it’s important to be in good oral health before the procedure and maintain good hygiene afterward, too.
Most types of dental restorations last a limited number of years. Implants, on the other hand, can last a lifetime if you care for them properly.
Please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry online or call (513) 234-5531 today for your personal consultation. Our team provides dental implants and other services to patients in Mason, Cincinnati, and Dayton, Ohio, as well as Southeast Indiana and northern Kentucky.