5 Components of a Healthy Lifestyle
As many of our Cincinnati patients already know, the holistic dentistry approach at Hardin Advanced Dentistry places a high value on your total well being, and sees your oral health as a critical component of your general health. Our emphasis on preventative care and patient education are just a few ways we work to ensure your dental health is a reflection of your overall health.
In order to achieve a truly healthy lifestyle, you must be aware of its elements. We’ve listed 5 components of a healthy lifestyle, and your oral health’s role in each.
- Nutrition: From calories to cavities, the food you eat impacts every aspect of your well being. You may eat first with your eyes, but your mouth, teeth and gums are the first points of nutritional contact with what you consume.
- Exercise: We are not designed to be sedentary beings. Our bodies are built to move. Proper fitness strengthens muscles and improves blood flow. Research finds that adults in good aerobic shape are far less likely to experience gum disease.
- Sleep: The time and effort you invest in fitness and nutrition are wasted if you don’t get enough quality sleep. Even well-intentioned sleepers can be derailed by snoring and sleep apnea. Your dentist may be able to help you overcome these common disorders.
- Stress: It is reported that between 75% and 90% of all doctor visits are linked to stress-related complaints or ailments. Stress can also lead chronic teeth-grinding and temporomandibular joint disorder (TMD), a term that refers to a variety of dental conditions that affect jaw muscles, joints and facial nerves.
- Fun: No one can enjoy a healthy lifestyle without a serious dose of fun. Recreational activities, social encounters and personal connections are critical to overall well being. Bad breath can inhibit self-confidence and negatively impact personal and professional interactions.
Our Cincinnati area holistic dentistry is committed to helping our patients live long, healthy and happy lives. To find out how we can help you, contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry online or at (513) 234-5531 to schedule an appointment. Our Mason office welcomes patients from Dayton, Ohio as well as Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana.