How Can a Cosmetic Dentist Fix My Gummy Smile?
Our Cincinnati cosmetic dentist helps many patients who are self-conscious about their smiles despite having straight, gleaming teeth. Even when teeth are white and symmetrical, a smile’s appearance can be diminished by a gum line that falls too far below the lips. This is often referred to as a “gummy smile”.
In the past, people who wanted to correct their gummy smiles had to undergo invasive procedures that involved scalpels, bleeding and prolonged discomfort. However, with cosmetic laser gum treatment offered at Hardin Advanced Dentistry, you can get beautifully contoured gum tissue without the need for metal surgical instruments.
For this popular gum re-contouring procedure, Dr. Hardin uses a laser to gently remove excess gum tissue and create a uniform, attractive gum line. This process offers several benefits, including:
- Less bleeding: The laser cauterizes while it cuts, which reduces the amount of bleeding and eliminates the need for sutures.
- Less risk for infection: Laser treatment destroys bacteria, minimizing the risk of infection.
- Attractive results: Lasers give Dr. Hardin great precision and control when removing tissue, enhancing the quality of your results.
- Comfort: Laser treatment is much more comfortable than procedures using metal instruments that scrape away unwanted tissue.
- Convenience: The entire gum-lifting procedure can usually be completed in a single visit to our office.
If you live in Mason, Dayton or Cincinnati and would like to learn how our cosmetic dentist can improve the look of your gummy smile, contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry today by completing the form on this page or calling (513) 234-5531 to schedule an appointment. We proudly welcome patients from Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana.