Is Oral Conscious Sedation Right for Me?
For people who are afraid of the dentist, the thought of even a routine cleaning could send them into cold sweats. We want to encourage our patients to enjoy the highest level of oral health, which is why Hardin Advanced Dentistry offers oral conscious sedation for relieving anxiety.
Patients with a debilitating fear of dentists are more likely to need significant treatment for gum disease, oral abscesses, tooth decay and infection, and more. Dental exams can also detect early warning signs for major health problems like diabetes, oral cancer, cardiovascular disease, and more.
Oral conscious sedation can minimize these risks by managing anxiety for your next visit to our Mason office. You might be a candidate for sedation if:
- You’re afraid of the dentist or objects at the office, such as needles or drills
- You have unpleasant memories of past dental work
- You’re worried about an upcoming procedure, or you’ve heard troubling stories about the treatment
- You have a low pain threshold due to tooth sensitivity or other issues
- Your gag reflex is sensitive
- The procedure is expected to take a long time
During your consultation, Dr. Tara and Dr. Gary can discuss whether or not oral conscious sedation is the most effective relaxation option before your visit. Most patients can safely take oral sedatives, although effectiveness can vary from patient to patient.
To learn more about our sedation dentistry services, please call Hardin Advanced Dentistry at (513) 398-4448 today. Our dentists serve patients in Mason, Dayton, and Cincinnati, Ohio, along with SE Indiana and Northern Kentucky.