Solutions for Sensitive Teeth
Tooth sensitivity is one of the major reasons patients seek dental treatment. Cincinnati dentists Dr. Gary Hardin and Dr. Tara Hardin can recommend in-office treatments and at-home care to help alleviate your discomfort.
Sensitivity often occurs when the layer of teeth beneath the enamel, called the dentin, becomes exposed due to erosion of the enamel or recession of gum tissue. You might experience a sharp sensation in the teeth when you eat or drink something hot, cold, or sweet.
When you visit our Cincinnati office, Dr. Tara and Dr. Gary will examine your teeth to determine the cause of sensitivity. Our dentists will provide personalized recommendations on reducing discomfort, which could include solutions such as:
- Hands-on guidance to apply less pressure when brushing your teeth
- At-home use of a soft-bristled toothbrush and desensitizing toothpaste
- Modifying your diet to reduce acid content
- If our dentists find evidence of teeth grinding, wearing a mouth guard at night
- Dental bonding or tooth-colored fillings to protect exposed tooth roots
In some cases, tooth sensitivity could be a symptom of a cavity or gum disease. If the discomfort is caused by an underlying dental health issue, Dr. Tara and Dr. Gary will discuss treatment options to preserve the health and look of your teeth so you can feel good about your smile.
For more information about tooth sensitivity, please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry or call (513) 234-5531 today for an initial appointment. Our dentists welcome patients throughout Greater Cincinnati, Mason, and Dayton, Ohio, as well as SE Indiana and Northern Kentucky.