Tips for Choosing a Family Dentist
There are so many options available when searching for a new family dentist in the Cincinnati area that your decision can become overwhelming. However, it’s important to make sure you entrust the oral health needs of your entire family to a quality dental care provider since not all dentists deliver comparable services.
We encourage you to keep the following tips in mind when choosing a family dentist:
- Evaluate the dentist’s training — While all dentists attend dental school, this is the minimum level of training required to become licensed. Make sure you choose a family dentist who has made ongoing training a priority. Find out whether the dentist regularly takes continuing education classes to stay current on the newest and most techniques in the field.
- Look for a dentist with a broad range of experience — A family dentist must be able to address the varied oral healthcare needs of patients of all ages. Make sure your dentist has the experience necessary to treat just about any condition that may impact each member of your family — from your young children to your elderly relatives.
- Choose a dentist that offers comprehensive services — General dentistry services comprise the majority of treatments you’ll require, but you want to make sure your family dentist can handle the other needs that may arise over your lifetime. A dentist who offers cosmetic dentistry services to improve the appearance of your smile, sedation dentistry services to make you feel relaxed and comfortable during treatments, and orthodontics to straighten the teeth of your teenage children will allow you to receive all of your treatments in one place.
- Choose a dental practice with a warm, inviting atmosphere — This is especially important if you have young children. Your family dentist will be the person providing your kids with their formative dental experiences. Choosing a practice that creates a positive environment for children and will instill good oral hygiene habits will pay tremendous dividends over the course of their lifetime.
- Look at reviews and testimonials for your potential family dentist — Don’t just talk to the dentist. See what other patients have to say about the practice. Online reviews and testimonials can provide you with the additional context necessary to be confident in your decision.
At Hardin Advanced Dentistry, we offer comprehensive family dentistry services for patients of all ages. Dr. Tara and Dr. Gary begin seeing children at age one, and they have the experience to provide advanced dental care options for a lifetime. As an added convenience to busy parents, we are happy to schedule appointments for multiple family members at the same time in order to reduce the number of visits you need to make to our office.
Please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry using the form on this page or call (513) 234-5531 today to learn more about our family dentistry services. We serve patients in Cincinnati, Dayton, Northern Kentucky and Southeast Indiana.