Is Invisalign Right for Me?
For many of our patients, the benefit of braces is often offset by the negative impact the apparatus has on the appearance of the smile. If you’d like to align your teeth and bite in a way that doesn’t diminish your look, Invisalign® might be a suitable alternative to traditional orthodontics.
Invisalign® is one of the most popular treatments provided at our Cincinnati office. Dr. Tara Hardin and Dr. Gary Hardin have extensive experience using state-of-the-art technology to evaluate the forces that move teeth, measure a patient’s bite, and determine the optimal solution for bringing it into alignment.
Our dentists will be able to determine if you’re a candidate for Invisalign® treatment during your consultation. Qualities Dr. Gary and Dr. Tara will look for include:
- What makes you unhappy about your smile, such as an underbite or overbite.
- Whether or not the problem will respond to orthodontic treatment – Invisalign® can correct most of the same problems as regular braces.
- Your commitment to wearing the custom aligners (shaped similarly to a retainer) for 20 to 22 hours each day.
- Your ability to comply with the treatment schedule – begin using a new aligner every two weeks, and visit our Cincinnati office every six weeks for a checkup.
- Your overall dental hygiene.
Most patients are able to enjoy a superior smile after using Invisalign® for no more than a year. The limited treatment time and minimal lifestyle adjustments make straighter teeth and a balanced bite easier to attain for adults and teens who cringe at the thought of metal braces.
To find out if Invisalign® is right for you, please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry or call (513) 234-5531 to arrange an appointment. Our dentists serve Greater Cincinnati and Mason, Ohio, as well as Northern Kentucky and SE Indiana.