What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Patients missing one or more teeth once had to select from very limited options, like dentures, partials, or bridges. But with four decades of success, dental implants offer patients a safe, attractive, long-lasting option. If you’re missing one or more teeth, let the experienced Cincinnati dentists at Hardin Advanced Dentistry show you how modern dental implants can restore your natural, beautiful smile.
Benefits of Dental Implants
Unlike other options, a dental implant replaces the entire tooth, including the root. A titanium implant is surgically inserted into the jawbone and capped with a replacement crown. Because it functions much like a natural tooth, implants offer many advantages over other alternatives:
- Long-lasting – Most patients who follow a regular oral hygiene regimen can expect their implants to last a lifetime
- High rate of success – Dental implants enjoy a success rate of between 95 and 98 percent
- Natural, beautiful appearance – The dental implant looks and feels like a natural tooth, and crowns can be made with all-ceramic materials.
- Improved oral health – Unlike dental bridges, dental implants do not increase tooth decay or sensitivity because the implant seamlessly integrates into your jawbone.
- Improved jawbone strength – Implants can keep your jawbone strong because they don’t rely on support from adjacent teeth. And because the jawbone needs to support the implant, no atrophy of the bone occurs.
If you’re missing a tooth, we would be happy to show you how dental implants can improve your oral health and quality of life. To arrange your consultation with our Cincinnati dental implant specialists, please contact Hardin Advanced Dentistry today, or call 513-398-4448.